We Are Here For You.
SHIFRA (In Shifra’s Arms) is a unique Jewish support network designed to meet your needs. We provide layers of emotional and practical support throughout pregnancy and motherhood.
If pregnancy was not your plan, we’re here for you. If you planned your pregnancy and major upheaval happened (job loss, relationship breakup), you can rely on SHIFRA.
SHIFRA can nurture you through the crisis and empower you for your future.
Your Support Network
SHIFRA provide our clients with:
Free Professional And Confidential Counseling With A Licensed Therapist:
- Safe space to explore your feelings and your choices.
- One-on-one support through your pregnancy and through the first year after giving birth.
- Sensitive follow-up services if your pregnancy ends for any reason.
- Maternity and baby clothes.
- Prenatal and postpartum care packages.
- Baby supplies and equipment (diapers, cribs, car seats, and other essentials).
- Our resources and grants are customized to meet your most
urgent needs during pregnancy and postpartum for services such
as babysitting, job coaching, and household help.
Community Connection And Advocacy:
- If SHIFRA can’t provide it, we will help you find it.
- Referrals to meet needs like housing, legal fees, adoption information (if requested) and more.
Lifetime Parenting Support:
- Free prenatal classes and coaching.
- Lifetime parenting classes and support group.
Who do we help?
We help Jewish women from every background. Our clients are both single and married, unaffiliated and Orthodox, ranging from late teens to early 40s.
For more information check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
SHIFRA serves Jewish women across the United States and abroad outside of Israel.
SHIFRA clients tell their stories
We offer a safe, confidential, and nurturing place for help.
To set up your same-day appointment: